I love yoghurt. Put it on homemade granola or protein pancakes, add it to curry or simply serve with berries. I do like to keep dairy to a minimum, however, and I the dairy-free alternatives in the shops are processed, high in sugar and expensive!
That’s why I make this wonderful coconut yoghurt. Now, I would happily just eat tinned coconut milk instead of yoghurt, however, the probiotic benefits of yoghurt come from the fermenting.
So for a dairy-free, gut-friendly yoghurt, try this recipe.
- 2 tins full-fat coconut milk
- 2 probiotic capsules
- Open the probiotic capsules and empty contents into the blender. Blend with coconut milk.
- Transfer to a sanitized glass jar (make sure it’s not still hot – you don’t want those probiotics to die).
- Store it in a warm place for 24-48 hours. If it’s not thick enough for you, you can let it ferment for another 24 hours.
- Add your favourite yoghurt toppings, and store the rest for up to a week in the fridge.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Fermenting food is not an exact science. If this doesn’t work out as you’d like it to, try different brands of coconut milk and/or probiotics.