These Cauli-Bites are a really yummy and satisfying snack that won’t upset your blood sugars. They’re low carb and good source of protein and fibre.
I’m calling them Cauli-bites but they actually have cauliflower and broccoli in. You could make them with just broccoli or just cauliflower if you prefer, or you can add onion or anything else you fancy as they’re really versatile. They are super simple to make too, which is always a bonus!
Prep: 5 mins Cook time: 18 mins
- Half head of cauliflower
- Half head of broccoli
- 100g extra mature cheddar
- 30g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat over to 190C
- Place the raw broccoli and cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible
- Stir the egg and cheese together with the cauliflower and broccoli, but reserve a small handful of the cheese
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add mixture to a silicone (or well greased tin) muffin/ cupcake tray and press the mixture in firmly
- Add the remaining cheese to the tops
- Bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them as cooking times will vary depending on your oven and also the size of your muffin/ cupcakes tin.
These will keep in the fridge for approx 1 week and are freezer friendly. They can be reheat once or eaten cold.