Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best…
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Fresh lemon
- In a large pan heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper and toss with garlic and oil.
- Cover pan and cook on low for about 2 minutes.
- Saute spinach for another minute, stirring frequently, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Enjoying the cooked spinach with the vitamin C in the “raw” lemon juice helps your body absorb more of the iron.