These yummy balls are super quick and easy to make, 15 minutes and you’re done! Great as refreshing healthy snack full of fibre, protein and essential omega 3 fatty acids.
Ingredients (makes about 18 balls):
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut – divided in half
- Zest from 1 unwaxed lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Food process dates until broken up into small pieces
- Add cashews, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut and chia seeds. Process until well combined.
- Add lemon zest and juice, process for about 1 minute until the mixture forms a large ball.
- Roll into balls and then roll in the remaining 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes then store in the fridge for up to a week. They will keep in the freezer for up to a month.
Let us know what you think!