We use private testing frequently within nutritional therapy. We do not diagnose and instead seek to understand how your body is functioning currently so that we can work towards correcting imbalances in order to move you toward functioning optimally. The functional tests that we use are developed and processed by accredited laboratories, which have extensive research to prove each tests validity, reliability, sensitivity and specificity.
Usually we use the initial consultation to evaluate which (if any) private testing will be most relevant to you, and whether such a test will significantly aid our progress. If however, you are particularly interested in a completing a certain test please let us know and we can discuss this.
Areas of Assessment:
- Digestive health: Assessing digestion and absorption of nutrients, beneficial and non-beneficial bacteria, bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), parasites, H. Pylori infection, yeast, inflammation, intestinal permeability (leaky gut), pH, blood, stomach acid, Coeliac’s disease, non-Coeliac’s gluten sensitivity, food intolerance, histamine intolerance, gut immunity and more.
- Hormonal Health: Assessing all sex hormones to gain an understanding of fertility, menopausal symptoms, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS and other hormonal imbalances.
- Thyroid health: Comprehensive screens to assess the causes of thyroid dysfunctions, measuring the hormones TSH, T4, fT4, T3, fT3, reverse T3, T3 uptake, iodine status, thyroid auto-antibodies and supporting markers.
- Nutritional health: Assessing status of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids and oxidative stress.
- Adrenal Health: Assessing cortisol, DHEA and sIgA balance to establish degree of adrenal activity.
- Functional blood markers: Assessing patterns in routine bloods to establish areas of imbalance that require further investigation.
- Genetics: Genotyping in order to understand how your body is genetically coded to work can allow us to make dietary and lifestyle changes that can switch on or off certain genes.
- Heavy metal analysis: Identifying heavy metal toxicity can explain many unexplained symptoms/ conditions and provide a targeted intervention protocol.
These are the main tests that we use. However, there are many more available.
Please be aware that the cost of each test kit varies greatly. With exception to our food intolerance test, which is included in the ‘Food Intolerance Test + Consultation’ service, no tests are included within the cost of a consultation.
Please book your appointment or make an enquiry by calling reception on 01376 560 600.
We recommend booking a phone call to discuss this further Book Phone Call
We do not claim to cure or treat medical conditions. We are not qualified to diagnose medical conditions and any test results that indicate a potential medical condition should be taken to your GP for diagnosis and advice.
I highly recommend her!
I can’t believe the difference
I highly recommend her
Louise was professional and methodical
I would have no hesitation in recommending her
Louise has been brilliant
Such amazing differences
I’ve got a better relationship with food
After losing weight by exercising and counting calories I’d got to a point where I wasn’t losing anymore weight, no matter what I was doing.
Louise made me feel very comfortable and after our first appointment I was happy to try what Louise had advised me, ( even though I was slightly concerned about the calories I would be eating).
Louise is always there at an end of an email and our weekly visits kept me going, I am now on week 8/12 and I’ve lost weight, not only have I lost weight I’ve got a better relationship with food, which I haven’t had for so many years!!!
So if you’ve hit a brick wall, want a better understanding about food then get in contact with Louise!!!
The only thing I’ve got left to say is Thank you Louise xx
I would readily consult Louise again
I can’t recommend it enough