Anyone that follows a gluten free diet will know that it’s really difficult to find a GF bread recipe where the result doesn’t taste like cardboard. I’ve previously posted a GF bread recipe that was yummy, but couldn’t really pass as what we expect bread to be.
I unfortunately cannot take the credit for this recipe and I’ve stolen it from Angie over at divaliciousrecipes.com. I’ve just discovered her website and there’s loads of great recipes on there, so check it out!
I haven’t altered Angie’s recipe because it’s perfect the way it is.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour (or 1/2 cup coconut flour)
- 5 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites (6 egg white for coconut flour recipe)
- 7/8 cup boiling water.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the egg whites and vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the boiling water and mix until the mixture firms up into a dough.
- The dough will be a bit sticky, so wet your hands, and make either rolls or a sub shape. Place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool (they are not as good warm)
- Eat and enjoy!!
Makes 4 – 6 Servings depending upon the size of your rolls.