Here’s a recipe that’s a bit different!
Turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory and I recommend it to many of my clients with digestive concerns. It’s also been linked to a decreased risk of cognitive decline diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Furthermore, it’s antioxidant content gives it powerful anti-cancer properties. Read more about the health-boosting properties of Turmeric.
This recipe doesn’t exactly taste like tea, but it does taste good!
- 230ml (1 cup) almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2-inch wide round slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener
- Optional additions: cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla
- Gently warm the almond or coconut milk on the stove.
- In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth with no lumps. Add the rest of the milk and mix well. You can leave the pieces of ginger in the tea, or strain it out before drinking.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!