Nutritional Therapy is:
- Nutritional therapy is a personalised intervention. No two people receive the exact same recommendations. Your medical history, stress levels, physical activity level, sleep quality, dietary status (and much more) are used to inform the resulting nutrition and supplement recommendations.
- Getting to the root cause. It’s not about suppressing your symptoms in the way that medications mostly do, it’s about investigating through consultation, and often testing, to work out what is the root cause of your problems. Once we know the cause we can use diet and supplements and often lifestyle alterations to correct the imbalance, and any other imbalances it may have caused.
- Holistic. This means we look at you as a person rather than just your condition(s). When you come in with digestive issues, we want to know about more than just what goes on inside your gut. The body is interconnected and every organ can have an effect on another.
- Client-led. Everyone is suited to a different approach and you may be best suited to a strict diet, whereas someone else may be suited to more gradual changes, changing one small thing at a time. We work with you to find an approach that suits you.
- Not a quick fix. Whilst some people do feel much better very quickly, if you’ve lived with your condition for 20 years you shouldn’t expect for it to be ‘cured’ after just one visit.
- Science-based. Everything that is recommended has been proven to be clinically effective by scientific studies. We never recommend anything that isn’t scientifically validated, and this includes the tests that we recommend.
- Once booked in you’ll receive an email with two tasks for you to complete prior to our first session; the questionnaire and food diary. The email will also contain directions, parking instructions and payment information.
- In the first session we’ll talk through and expand on what you’ve written in your questionnaire so that we can fully understand what’s going on for you and what your goals are.
- We explain any imbalances that are apparent and highlight any test(s) that may be useful.
- We’ll give dietary and lifestyle suggestions towards the end of the session and send over a full protocol within a few days.
- We book you in for your second session where we’ll assess how well the recommendations are working for you and make further tweaks to keep you working towards your goals.
- We’ll continue to have sessions and phone calls as frequently as we both agree is needed
What’s Included Within The Recommendations Report?
The recommendations report is very comprehensive and covers:
- Explanation of findings & test results feedback
- Dietary recommendations
- Supplement prescription
- Lifestyle recommendations
- DIY Tests
- Recommended Lab Tests
PLEASE NOTE: Personal meal planning is not included within the cost of this service. Personal meal planning is a very time intensive service and we therefore charge separately for this. We do have many pre-written meal plans, which cover most of our client’s needs. What is included within the cost of this service is a personalised recommendations report with each consultation.
We’ll work in one of our clinics in Colchester or Chelmsford, Essex or Sudbury, Suffolk. We also offer home and office visits.
You can alternatively schedule an online consultation, if you’re further afield or too short on time to visit one of our clinics. To find out more about booking an online consultation click here
£80 per hour. You will be charged for the time you have used.
The initial consultation is usually 60-75 minutes, so you would be charged £80-100. Follow up consultations tend to last 30- 45 minutes and therefore cost £40-60.
Short phone calls and emails are not chargeable, however if we feel that a phone call or email will take a significant amount of our time we will inform you beforehand and charge accordingly.
Meal planning: As stated above this is not included within the cost of this service, however me will more than likely already have meal plans written that will suit your requirements, which we do not charge for.
Please book your appointment or make an enquiry by calling reception on 01787 207807.
Book in with one of our experienced nutritional therapists:
We do not claim to cure or treat. We are not qualified to diagnose medical conditions and any test results that indicate a potential medical condition should be taken to your GP for formal diagnosis and advice.
I would readily consult Louise again
I can’t recommend it enough
She was encouraging and uplifting
I highly recommend Louise!
It was nice to feel fully understood
The diet and supplements recommended by Louise are controlling the cancer
Nick J K
It has been so helpful seeing Louise
“I am a different person!”
I highly Recommend Her!