Food Intolerance Test + Consultation £115
Why have a food intolerance test?
When addressing health and diet food intolerance testing is a useful place to start as it can indicate the general health of the digestive tract. It also highlights food that should be temporarily excluded. Food intolerance tests can help you to understand why you may experience digestive problems such as bloating, constipation and diarrhoea, cramping, flatulence and more. Food intolerance can be a contributing factor in conditions like IBS and inflammatory bowel disease and can also be the cause of seemingly unexplained symptoms. These might include fatigue, acne, and eczema, hives, acid reflux/ heartburn and indigestion, stuffy nose, catarrh and excessive ear wax etc.
The food intolerance test gives results within 50 minutes. This means you’ll leave the session knowing what foods are problematic for you and how to go about working towards reintroducing them. Food intolerance test results need to be interpreted with care. You should not avoid the problematic foods forever. As part of the consultation we’ll show you how you can enjoy these foods in the future.
Food intolerance is usually a sign that there is an imbalance within your gut. Food intolerance doesn’t just suddenly appear; it is caused by something. During our consultation we’ll try to work out what this may be and provide recommendations to correct this imbalance. Our goal is to help you avoid developing further intolerance and heal any intolerance you may already have.
What foods are tested?
Corn, Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat.
Nuts & Beans
Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashew, Cocoa Bean, Peanut, Legume Mix (pea, lentil, haricot), Soya Bean, Walnut.
Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork.
Freshwater Fish Mix (salmon, trout), Shellfish Mix (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussel), Tuna, White Fish Mix (haddock, cod, plaice)
Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Peppers (red, green, yellow), Potato.
Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Melon Mix (cantaloupe, water melon), Olive, Orange & Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato
Egg (whole), Cow’s Milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast.
What are the limitations of the test?
- Food intolerance tests measure your IgG immune reaction to foods because an IgG reaction is most commonly associated with food intolerance. It is not uncommon to have other types of immune reactions, for example IgE, IgM, and IgA. This intolerance test will not detect these types of immune reactions and therefore, may not detect every food intolerance you may have. It is possible to test these other types of immune responses, however it is costly. If you would like information on this more advanced testing please don’t hesitate to ask.
- This test will not test for enzyme deficiency intolerance, such as lactose intolerance, as a different type of test is required for this.
- This test will not test for food intolerance caused but gut bacterial imbalances.
- As this test is measuring the amount of antibodies in your blood to foods, it may not detect intolerance to foods that you have been avoiding for 3 months or more.
With these limitations in mind, this test is useful as a starting place. We insist on having the consultation alongside the intolerance test so that we can assess for these other types of intolerance, as well as other factors that may be contributing to your symptoms.
Add-on/ alternative tests
During this session we can also complete additional tests. There are hundreds of blood, urine, saliva, and hair tests available. These measure pretty much anything you can imagine, for example thyroid health, deficiencies, stress hormones gut health etc. Please do enquire if there is anything specific you would like to have tested. The two tests below are relevant to this consultation:
- Instant Coeliac’s disease test. Coeliac’s disease is an autoimmune disease triggered by gluten and will not be detected by the above intolerance test. Coeliac’s disease is thought to be much more common than previously predicted. It’s thought that 1 in 100 people have it and only 10-15% of sufferers are diagnosed. If you have any close relatives (parents/ siblings) with Coeliac disease then the chances of developing it increase to 1 in 10. This is a finger-prick blood test and results are available in just 10 minutes. (Add-on fee= £45, or Coealic test + consultation= £105)
- Candida test. Candida is a yeast and is present in the guts of most people. Several factors including poor diet, stress and medications, can lead to the overgrowth of candida. Candida overgrowth can cause digestive symptoms and other further reaching problems. Candida truly becomes a problem when it penetrates the digestive tract, entering the internal environment. It can cause a variety of symptoms. At this point your immune system will be attacking the yeasts and developing antibodies to it. This test measures the amount of antibodies in your blood to determine the extent of the candida infection, if any. As a result of this test you’ll be guided through anti-fungal therapy if appropriate. This test can be completed in your own home and sent off in the post. I’ll receive the test results in 10 working days and we’ll have a consultation to discuss the results. (Add-on fee= £65 (plus additional consultancy fee), or test + consultation= £125).
Please book your appointment or make an enquiry by calling reception on 01787 207807.
Book in with one of our experienced nutritional therapists:
I would readily consult Louise again
I can’t recommend it enough
She was encouraging and uplifting
I highly recommend Louise!
It was nice to feel fully understood
The diet and supplements recommended by Louise are controlling the cancer
Nick J K
It has been so helpful seeing Louise
“I am a different person!”
I highly Recommend Her!